Monday, October 30, 2017

Week-in-Review-- Fall Break Vacay!

I'm finally recovering from our Fall Break vacation to northern California! We had so much fun visiting the Redwoods, Great Cats Wild Life Preserve, Oregon National Caves, and even the beach! This week was a lot of catch up and recovery. And yay to Halloween on Tuesday!

Books Finished:

Certain Dark Things by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. I was hoping to get through one more but I didn't quite make it with how the week turned out.

Currently Reading:

The History of Love by Nicole Krauss,  The Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste (reading aloud with my son), and We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Listening To:

Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders on Audible and Spooked.

Watching:

The Mindhunter and Stranger Things.

Making:

Lots of Halloween-themed cocktails this month for my movie nights! They've all been a success! I will also be cooking like crazy Monday and Tuesday for Halloween!

Looking forward to:

Halloween! I'll be making chili and chicken tortellini, corn bread, apple cider, and Halloween-themed jelly shots! Devoted son is going as a black kitty cat and I'll be a witch and he will be my familiar.

Vacay Pics!

BeFunky Collage_1
Burney Falls

BeFunky Collage_2
Pebble beach, Oregon Vortex, Oregon National Caves

BeFunky Collage_3
Trees of Mystery

BeFunky Collage_4
Virginia City, NV (Old Saloon Town)

1 comment:

  1. Hey we are going to be visiting the Redwoods - the very northern parts close to Oregon - any tips??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.