Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I Remember You by Yrsa Sigurdardottir


Goodreads Summary:

In this terrifying tale, three friends set to work renovating a rundown house in a remote, totally isolated location. But they soon realize they are not as alone as they thought. Something wants them to leave. Meanwhile, in a nearby town, a young doctor investigating the suicide of an elderly woman discovers that she was obsessed with his vanished son. When the two stories collide, the shocking truth becomes horribly clear.
In the vein of Stephen King and John Ajvide Lindqvist, this horrifying thriller, partly based on a true story, is the scariest novel yet from Yrsa Sigurdardóttir, who has captivated the attention of readers around the world with her mystery series featuring attorney Thora Gudmundsdottir. Now, Yrsa will stun readers once again with this out-of-this-world ghost story that will leave you shivering.

What I liked:


  • It was scary. I read most of the book at night in a hotel room with only a small headlamp while my son and my hubby slept. I was creeped out.
  • I loved how the two stories come together in the end.
  • It's also a really sad tale of two lost boys.
  • The scene was superb. Everything was cold and icy and lonely. It set the perfect mood for the whole story.
What I didn't like:

  • The ending was rushed.
  • The two different stories were a bit distracting at first.
  • There were some editing errors.
  • I think some ideas were lost in translation.
Overall it was a fantastic ghost story and I did enjoy the contemplation on grief and loss.


1 comment:

  1. I try not to read scary stories at night, but sometimes I just can't help it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.