Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Phantom of Pemberley by Regina Jeffers

Genre: austen-inspired, historical fiction
FTC Disclosure: Won as a gift from Velvet of vvb32 reads.com
Published: 2010
Pages: 409
Content: PG-13 for violence

A big thanks to Velvet for this lovely book!

It was a fun December read. I enjoy reading Austen fan fiction and this one hit the spot for a winter cozy read.

We join Darcy and Elizabeth 14 months after their wedding...it's winter and a storm is a brewing...a few unannounced guests arrive along with Elizabeth's sister Lydia. Soon people start dying, things go missing, suspicious people are roaming around in secret passages...who is it? Yup, it's a mystery. A ghost, a mad-man or woman? It's up to the Darcy duo to figure it out before it's too late!!!!

OK, the writing was cheesy. Darcy and Elizabeth couldn't say anything to each other without swooning and mooning and cheesing it up so much that I rolled my eyes a lot...Jeffers isn't the most gifted author but the story was intriguing. I figured out the who but not everything til the end. It's worth a read.

Rating: 3/5

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I ever heard of this book before. It sounds like a fun book to read! Love Jane Austen!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.