Wednesday, January 8, 2020

2019 Wrap-up and Hello 2020!

I'm going to keep this post pretty simple. I had a really great reading year in 2019! I read 107 books. My longest book was NOS4A2 by Joe Hill at 692 pages and my shortest was Wabi Sabi by Mark Reibstein.

Favorites in no particular order: (5 stars on Goodreads)


43 children or young adult fiction

7 children or young adult non-fiction

35 non-fiction with most of them being memoirs and a few science books thrown in or history.

12 were on Audible

It's interesting to see over the year what one has read and focused on whether on purpose or not. I do gravitate towards young adult and juvenile fiction. G and I read and share books together so that is one reason. I also gravitate towards memoirs. Humans are so interesting and I love a good story about real humans too.

Top Movies for 2019 (that I watched for the first time, not necessarily debuted in 2019)

  • A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (2019
  • Paterson (2016)
  • Marriage Story (2019)
  • Frozen II (2019)
  • Klaus (2019)
  • Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
  • Hustlers (2019)
  • Midsommar (2019)
  • Booksmart (2019)
  • Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
  • Culture Shock (2019)
  • I, Dolours (2018)
  • Free Solo (2018)
  • Us (2019)
  • Captain Marvel (2019)
  • Widows (2018)
  • Won't You Be My Neighbor? (2018)
Lots of great documentaries, horror, and dramas I watched this year!

TV 2019:


Chernobyl on HBO was phenomenal. Hands down my favorite.

2019-09-25 10.48.44

2019-07-14 10.02.01-1-1

With family and friends, my favorites were camping in my local mountains and a trip to the Rocky Mountain National Park with a friend. Definitely my top spots in 2019!

I don't really do too much with resolutions. But I like to think about what I'd like my reading year to be at least. I did sign-up for one reading challenge. And I do some small challenges throughout the year around the summer and horror in the fall and early winter. But other than that I like to take it one day at a time.

I plan on getting some snowshoeing in with family. We also have plans to see the Redwoods in April with friends. I'd like to do some camping again in the late Spring and early fall. Lots of hikes too. G has decided he'd like to learn to ride a bike this spring so we'll be working on that too. I have some professional goals I'm working on too. So I'm hoping this year brings some new experiences and adventures as well as making the world a bit better than we left it last year! One can hope and plan for that! Keep reading and learning and being kind and carry on!

2 comments:

  1. You had a great year! I admire all the non-fiction you read. I'm trying to do better with that. So many books, so little time. Midsommar was also a favorite, but of course you already knew that. lol Chernobyl was very good. Glad to see Stellan getting recognized for his work in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Midsommar was so great. And so much fun watching it along with everyone. Can't wait for our next one in the Fall!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.