Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Week-in-review...Where Did the Summer Go?

Where did July go? And now we're almost halfway through August?! What?

Our big trip was up to Washington state to visit our friends and their two children, aka G's best friends ever! We had some major car problems and a pukefest right before we were able to leave for said trip. But we got a rental and spent the one day back at home and killed ourselves to make the trip the next day. All crazy problems were worth it because we all had a relaxing time hanging with our friends and seeing the gorgeous Pacific Northwest.

2019-07-23 22.16.40


2019-07-23 22.11.00


We visited Seattle and hit up the Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, and the Chihuly Garden and Glass museum. It was a nice cool and cloudy day and we enjoyed some good food and I, of course, found some used books to go home with! The Chihuly Garden was beautiful and definitely worth the visit if you're ever in the area.

2019-07-25 11.10.35


This picture sums up the crazy shenanigans these guys get into when they're all together. They don't miss a beat when they get back together!

We went to the beach, ate some amazing seafood and clam chowder, hiked in the beautiful forests, and just chilled at home. If only we could teleport back home without that super long drive!

On the bright side, we enjoyed some fun audiobooks on the way to and from Washington. Even G was thoroughly entertained with two of them.

A neighbor watched our kitties while we were gone. They survived but they definitely missed us. We found quite a few puke spots and one kitty accident in the kitchen but overall it wasn't as bad as I was imagining. Our kitties are growing up! ha ha

2019-07-30 16.34.39


2019-07-30 23.35.46


Poor Shadow had so much hair since she didn't get her usual daily brushings. I took a pic of the hairball we pulled off of her but it was pretty gross....

Last Month I:


Read: Calvin by Martine Leavitt; My Sister, the Serial Killer by Okinyan Braithwaite; All That Remains: A Life in Death by Sue Black; Aru Shah and the Song of Death by Roshani Chokshi, A Map of Days by Ransom Riggs,

Last Week I Read:

The Time Museum by Matthew Loux, Fake Blood by Whitney Gardner, Monstress, Vol. 1: Awakening by Marjorie Liu, Recursion by Blake Crouch, I'm Just a Person by Tig Notaro, The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides.

Listened to:

The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster, The Weirdstone of Brisingamen by Alan Garner, Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil de Grasse Tyson, Jukebox Joyride by Jacob Stein.

(These were all our vacation listens!) The Phantom Tollbooth was all of our favorites!

Watched:

TV:

Veronica Mars the latest season on Hulu. I rewatched the first season and part of the second but the new season came out too soon and so I just dived in!

The Typewriter on Netflix. It's an Indian production and it's great. It's got kids in a ghost club and a demon trapped in a typewriter trying to take over the town. It's super weird and different and I'm loving it.

Dear White People the third season. There were a lot of tongue-in-cheek references to it being the third season of a Netflix show...that was weird. It's the weirdest season yet but it was still enjoyable but not sure where they're going with it. Shrugs shoulders.

Movies

Spider-Man: Far from Home, Into the Dark: Culture Shock (if you only see one of these anthology movies from Hulu, this is the one), Red Sparrow.

Made:

Bread! It turned out pretty well and I didn't have to knead a lot with my handy stand mixer so boom! With all of our auto repairs, we're on a tighter budget for a bit so I'm trying to make more meals from home. But last month I made this amazing garlic shrimp linguini. Yum.

This Week I:

Am currently reading:

Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart, The Satapur Moonstone by Sujata Massey.

Am currently listening to:

A few podcasts to catch up on but nothing specific yet. Probably won't start one until school starts again for G and I have more free time in the car and around the house.

Am looking forward to:

More camping with friends at the end of the month. School starts next week? Kind of excited cuz I can get back to a consistent schedule for transcription work and some online classes I want to take but I've been enjoying this summer of relaxation and not worrying about school!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I want to visit Washington some day. I love gray skies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.