Saturday, August 24, 2019

Week-in-Review: School Starts!

I cannot believe my little (not so little) G is in 5th grade. Where does the time go? He started Tuesday and so far he's been loving it this week. He's back in class with his good friends from last year. He's enjoying his teacher. The only thing he complained about this week was getting up early and that the backpack hooks in the classroom were too small to hold his backpack well. So, not too bad!

2019-08-21 07.25.35

On Wednesday my friend Melissa and I headed off for a fun day of hiking! Well, it took a lot longer than expected. We were thinking 3 miles...that ended up being 8 miles altogether. We ended up 2 miles from our car and had to call another friend to come rescue us. It was hot and we were tired and had run out of water. Those extra two miles were not happening. We now have quite the story to share, and we still managed to pick up our kiddos from school!

2019-08-21 10.35.59

2019-08-21 10.36.24

Last Week I:


Read: Girl Waits with Gun by Amy Stewart, The Satapur Moonstone by Sujata Massey, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz, and Game of Stars by Sayantani DasGupta.


Listened to:

I didn't finish any audiobooks but I've been catching up on RadioLab and Backstory for podcasts.

Watched:

TV:

Endeavour on PBS-- I started the first season and am enjoying it. Good Omens on Amazon. I started the book but couldn't quite get into it so I figured I would just dive into the TV show. It's pretty funny so far! I also started rewatching Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. I own all of the seasons on disc. It's been fun revisiting good old Buffy and her Scooby gang!

Movies

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Saw this one in the theater with my brother. Not too bad. It's not as scary as I was hoping but I think G will be able to watch in a couple of years. We just finished up Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark last week! Cheesy but fun.

Made:

Chicken BBQ sliders. Turned out super yummy. Chicken stir fry. I made up the recipe and it turned out all right! We got together with some friends last weekend and I made a pitcher of raspberry mojitos using mint from my garden, pico de gallo with jalapenos from my garden, and guacamole with nothing from my garden but it was all still fresh from the store. My cherry tomatoes have not come in yet. It's so weird since they went crazy last year at this same time. I may be getting them in October...

This Week I:

Am currently reading:

13 Ghostly Tales edited by Freya Littledale, The Golden Compass by Phillip Pullman, Black Water Rising by Attica Locke, Conquest of Happiness by Bertrand Russell, and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.

Am currently listening to:

Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

Am looking forward to:

This weekend. Not for anything specific but just to relax and enjoy the dog days of summer. I still have lots of mint and jalapenos....

But next weekend we're heading out for our last camping trip of the year! I cannot wait! Mountains, lake, beer, food, and friends/family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.