Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Top 10 Tuesday-- Books I Meant to Read in 2018....

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Books I meant to get to in 2018 but didn't...


1. The Passage by Justin Cronin. I've been meaning to read this one for a lot longer that 2018 but was hoping to get to it during Halloween time. But I have more incentive this year with the new TV show on Fox.

 

2. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan. I bought this book a month before it came out in theaters thinking it would make a great late summer read but it ended up being a bit longer than I was expecting. I did get almost halfway through before I had to abandon for horror October. But I do want to finish this year!
3. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman. I listened to most of it during the summer but I didn't quite finish it before I had to return it and then I was on the waitlist for a few more months and decided to retry a different time. But it was really good. So I may try again this summer.


4. The Woman's Hour: The Great Fight to Win the Vote by Elaine F. Weiss. I started it but other books popped up. I'm planning on starting it in March or April.

5. Bless Me, Ultima by Rudulpho Anaya. I found out about this through PBS' The Great American Read. It's been on my list since then!


6. The Travelling Cat Chronicles by Hiro Arikawa. I heard good things last year but never managed to pick it up.

7. Blackwater Rising by Attica Locke. I read her first book and loved it so I meant to get to her other ones.

8. Lost Connections: Uncovering the Real Causes of Depression--and the Unexpected Solutions by Johann Yahari. I find books about sociological issues especially about communities and social connections fascinating. This one has been on my radar for awhile. Hopefully this year!

9. Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker. I'm a terrible sleeper and this has been on my radar since 2017 when it came out. Definitely this year.


10. Ask Me About My Uterus: A Quest to Make Doctors Believe in Women's Pain by Abby Norman. Something I've experienced myself in my dealings with doctors.

9 comments:

  1. The Passage was quite the story. I hope you like it if or when you read it.

    This is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want to get to it this year. I like reading and watching the books to compare, etc.

      Delete
  2. Crazy Rich Asians was a fun read. I liked the book better, but the movie was good. I've been wanting to read Illuminae for a while too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have plans to read CRA but not sure when. Hopefully the summer. I can't wait to get back to Illuminae on audiobook.

      Delete
  3. I've really been enjoying The Passage on tv so far. I'm going to have to read the book soon! :)

    Check out my TTT and my ARC review of Enchantée by Gita Trelease

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first episode was amazing! I love that little girl. She's really good in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ask Me About My Uterus was freaking brilliant and very easy to connect with, so I hope you enjoy that. And all the other books on your TBR! Also, ah, I love Crazy Rich Asians.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished listening to The Woman's Hour and learned so much! Definitely recommend sticking with it, although it's crammed full with so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list - half of your books are on my list of books I meant to read as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.