Friday, December 7, 2018

#AMonthofFaves Popular Books Worth the Hype (or Not)


A Month of Faves is hosted by Girlxoxo.com and it goes all month long!

Worth the Hype


Source: Goodreads.com

The Merry Spinster: Tales of Everyday Horror by Mallory Ortberg

Not all of the stories were hits but I found myself squeeing with glee on quite a few.

Source: Goodreads.com
The Changeling by Victor LaValle

I am still thinking about this haunting and beautiful book. Probably my favorite read of the whole year.

Source: Goodreads.com
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Ayedemi

I listened to this one and I absolutely loved every minute. I was blown away by this world and her characters. I can't wait for the next book!

Source: Goodreads.com
Dread Nation by Justina Ireland

It wasn't perfect but it was what I needed for a fun and kick-ass zombie story.


Source: Goodreads.com
Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover

Enjoyed her story construction and how she brought it all together towards her education and self-discovery.

Not Worth the Hype


Source: Goodreads.com

The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

I was hoping for a lot more and I just didn't get it.

Source: Goodreads.com
In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware

The plot and how it all resolved was a bit too contrived for me. But I did enjoy her Woman in Cabin 10 a lot better.

Source: Goodreads.com
Scream All Night by Derek Milman

It had potential but the writing felt like it was reworked script. The scenes didn't gel and it was a bit confusing.

Source: Goodreads.com
Sadie by Courtney Summers

I wanted to love it after all the love it's gotten this year but I just didn't love it. The pacing was off for me and it was just too depressing for what I was looking for at the time. But maybe that's why it's gotten so much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.