Wednesday, December 12, 2018

#AMonthofFaves-- Habits and Routines....Yikes!



A Month of Faves is hosted by Girlxoxo, Traveling With T, and Estella's Revenge!

Habits that Worked...kind of?


I really enjoy bullet journaling and it's something I want to continue to hone but I'm still working on making it work for me and my lifestyle. I need to hone how I set goals and write them down.

But what has really worked has been using the Bujo to keep track of what I'm doing every day. I've been able to look back and see little things I've done, things my son has said or done and it's a beautiful thing to see at the end of a year. 

A page in my Bullet Journal that has really helped me this year was the Bills page. Before I just had a piece of paper in a notebook that told me which bills to pay etc. But this last year I used a whole layout where I could mark each item paid for that month. It took a month or two to get used to but now it's working like a charm. I took a lot of inspiration from the book Dot Journaling: A Practical Guide: How to Start and Keep the Planner, To-do List, and Diary That'll Actually Help You Get Your Life Together by Rachel Wilkerson. Whew--that's a mouthful! But she has a lot of very simple layouts to get started on. I'm not a very artistic person nor do I really want to be so her layouts were perfect for my no nonsense layouts.

Meditation: I had such big goals for this one. It's still on my list and I've done better than I have in other years before but I still want this one to stick.

Exercise: I feel really proud of myself. I established a pretty consistent exercise routine and I have stuck with it! Some weeks/days are better than others due to weather, season, and/or illness but overall I know my routine and have stuck to it!

lammas_2018_edit


Rituals: I've been trying to create more consistent rituals with my little family and I feel that I did really well this year. We try to celebrate a little something like the Pagan sabbats every six weeks. We're not Pagan but I like the idea of celebrating nature and each other and give ourselves a little something to look forward to every 6 weeks. We've planned crafts, nature hikes, made breads and apple butter, and burned our wishes and hopes in a fire pit.

2018-06-23 22.46.11


I have a lot more routines I want to stick to for 2019 but I think I did all right in 2018!

6 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed with your bullet journaling and your exercise routine. Your pagan celebrating routine reminds me that we've tried to be a little more intentional about celebrating Shabbat (the Jewish Sabbath) as my husband is Jewish. That's something I should put on my "be more intentional for 2019" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are able to be more intentional this year and meet your goal. Rituals as a family and traditions are so important! Good luck. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Rituals are good. Something my wife and I need to work on too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very happy it's been working for us this year! Good luck this year! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete
  3. Your nature celebrations sound so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.