Monday, April 1, 2013

The Stepsister Scheme by Jim C. Hines


The-Stepsister-Scheme


The Stepsister Scheme is a fun fairy-tale retelling where the princesses take their own power and lives into their own hands and rescue the prince for a change!

Danielle (Cinderella) has been married to Prince Armand for under a year when he goes missing, her stepsister Charlotte tries to murder her and she finds out that her "maid" is actually Sleeping Beauty, a fairy-cursed assassin. They join up with Snow White to rescue Prince Armand and fight their foes in Fairy Land. With the help of Rose's combat skill, Danielle's ability to speak with animals, and Snow's magic they are a deadly force.

The beginning was a bit slow and I didn't quite know where Hines was going to take it. But by the middle I was won-over and ended up loving this fem-fantasy. Retaking their power, each one, is a powerful story. I'm excited to keep reading this amazing series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.