Saturday, October 19, 2019

Horror Movie Challenge: Your Favorite Movie Dealing with the Powers of Hell

Tagline: Based on the true case files of the Warrens

Synopsis:

In 1971, Carolyn and Roger Perron move their family into a dilapidated Rhode Island farmhouse and soon strange things start happening around it with escalating nightmarish terror. In desperation, Carolyn contacts the noted paranormal investigators, Ed and Lorraine Warren, to examine the house. What the Warrens discover is a whole area steeped in a satanic haunting that is now targeting the Perron family wherever they go. To stop this evil, the Warrens will have to call upon all their skills and spiritual strength to defeat this spectral menace at its source that threatens to destroy everyone involved.
















The Conjuring started it all. But it's the best in the series. It's terrifying. Scariest possession movie I've ever seen. The others aren't nearly as good and the ones that don't have the Warrens are very weak. It really got the scary movie blockbusters going again and I'm loving it!

Check out the trailer here.

Favorite Vampire Movie

Source
Tagline: Beautiful. Seductive. Deadly

Synopsis: 

Residents of a coastal town learn, with deathly consequences, the secret shared by the two mysterious women who have sought shelter at a local resort.




This was such a different vampire film. I loved it. It takes the patriarchy and turns it on its head. It has something to say about violence and women. It's a gorgeous good time and I loved the mythology behind becoming a vampire as well. The tagline works well. Beautiful and deadly.

Check out the trailer here.

*Part of the 30-day Horror movie challenge hosted by Leah at Unleash the Flying Monkeys.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, The Conjuring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Byzantium was my pick for vampire too :-) https://leahsaylorabney.com/11977/30-day-horror-movie-challenge-day-6/

    And The Conjuring OMG. I saw it in the theater which was scary. But then the first time I went to watch it on DVD at home, the scene in the basement when Carolyn goes to turn around and you know there's gonna be that creepy lady, THE POWER GOES OUT. I squeaked, literally squeaked. LOL My daughter heard me from another room and laughed at me. I just couldn't believe the timing on the power outage! Now when I rewatch it, I make sure it's a bright sunny day with low possibility of repeat situation. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me, it's the ultimate possession movie that scares me. Still a good one year after year. Byzantium was such a great surprise when I watched it! I loved the calling out of the vampire patriarchy. Boom!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.