Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Horror Movie Challenge: Least Favorite Horror Movie

I don't know if it's the least but it's definitely up there. It's a cult classic but one I just can't get behind...

source
Tagline: They got up on the wrong side of the grave...

Synopsis:

Five friends travel to a cabin in the woods, where they unknowingly release flesh-possessing demons.







































While I know how classic this film is, I couldn't do it. The tree violation scene, the over the top horror. It's the scariest movie out of the whole series. All the sequels end up being comedy-horror after this one. But I could not get into the mood of this one. Though, I can appreciate Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, and the cabin in the woods that started the eponymous movie horror trope.

Your favorite horror film no one's heard of


source

Tagline: It's not in her mind anymore.

Synopsis:

Sarah and Josh are married suburbanites. After a car accident, Sarah suffers blackouts. As her life spirals she hides a camera in her home and unlocks a horrific secret with far-reaching consequences.























This is a twisted and get-in-your head horror movie. I had no idea where this was going until the reveal and what a reveal. I don't know if anyone's heard of it but I haven't seen it around and it is one of those rare finds on Amazon and you just have to share it with everyone you know. So disturbing and so good!

*Part of the 30-day Horror Movie Challenge hosted by Leah at Unleash the Flying Monkeys

6 comments:

  1. I came across Come Back to Me when it first came out on DVD because it's an adaptation of the book The Resurrectionist by Wrath James White. The book, believe it or not, is even darker than the movie. I actually recommend the movie first (before the book) because if they think the movie is too dark for them, then the book definitely will be. Not many mainstream horror fans have heard of either the book or the movie -- nice choice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about the book after I saw the movie. They did such a good job with it that I had to share it with my horror pals!

      Delete
  2. I actually love the Evil Dead movies. Huge fan of Bruce Campbell. The remake, however...I was not a fan.

    I'm pretty sure I saw Come Back to Me, but sometimes all these movies run together. Going to go watch the trailer to see if it sparks my memory. Am definitely going to check the book out too. Thanks, Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, I saw it! It was REALLY creepy! Must read the book now for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear your review. The idea behind the movie was so unsettling, though, so I don't think I could read it in a book.

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.