Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A Month of Faves-- Winter Reading This Year and Last



Monday's theme of a Month of Faves (hosted by Girlxoxo, Traveling With T, and Estella's Revenge) was all about our favorite reads from last year and ones we're looking forward to this year.

Toward the end of November I read a few books on or about death and I did read two holiday-type books in December. My mood shifts rapidly after New Year's and the holidays are over. Once January hit I read a few memoirs and some heavy stuff on death and sexual violence and crime. Looks like I'm back to dark and real after the holidays! Ha!

Last Winter



From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Daughty

When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalinathi

I Am Half-Sick of Shadows by Alan Bradley

Krampusnacht: Twelve Nights of Krampus by Kate Wolford

Ghosts of the Tsunami: Death and Life in Japan's Disaster Zones by Richard Lloyd Parry

Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini

A False Report: A True Story of Rape in America by Christian T. Miller

This Winter

I just finished up Mr. Dickens and His Carol by Samanth Silva. It's been a great holiday read for me. Right now I'm reading A Study in Scarlet Women by Shirley Thomas, the first book in the Lady Sherlock series. It's also a read for my mood.

I have plans on reading some books on writing. I picked up Stephen King's memoir and have plans to finish that before the end of the month. I also have some self-help books on my list to help me get my brain back into do and go mode for January. And I did pick up the book Wine Folly by Madeline Puckett from the library and I recently received The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory from my Bookish Santa and will probably read that over the next week or two! So many books, too little time to read them all. But I will do my best!


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me of A False Report. I have been wanting to read it. And I just finished Troublemaker last week.

    And I have The Wedding Date on my TBR right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope found Troublemaker as fascinating as I did. That made me dive into her docuseries as well.

      And yes to A False Report. It's a tough but important read.

      Delete
  2. I looooove this! Our reading tastes are very similar, it seems! I absolutely adored From Here to Eternity, and Ghosts of the Tsunami looks like something I need to read ASAP! Thanks for being part of #amonthoffaves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to Ghosts of the Tsunami. It blew me away.

      Delete
  3. The Wedding Date's cover keeps catching my eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great romance that's smart and sexy. I hope you get to it soon!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.