Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Week-in-Review--November 19, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving this week! I am definitely looking forward to the long weekend. I'm hoping to gain traction on my crochet projects, get some more reading in, catch up on some library movies that just came in, and eat and drink too much this weekend! I guess I also need to finish up my Xmas cards and calendars as well. I need those soon to send out in a couple of weeks! Christmas is sneaking up on me way too fast.

Books Finished: 

Emma: Audible Original Drama by Jane Austen and Anna Lea, Pride by Ibi Zoboi, and The Big Picture: On the Origins of Life, Meaning, and the Universe Itself by Sean Carroll

Books I'm Currently Reading:

These Truths: A History of the United States of America by Jill Lepore, Black Earth: The Holocaust as History and Warning by Timothy Snyder, Sadie by Courtney Summers, The Broken Ladder: How Inequality Affects the Way We Think, Live, and Die by Keith Payne, Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space by Carl Sagan, and War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I'm really hoping to get a chunk of War and Peace done this weekend! I'm so far behind on my schedule.

Books Acquired: 

For the Kindle:

Fly Girls: How Five Daring Women Defied All Odds and Made Aviation History by Keith O'Brien, Women After All: Sex, Evolution, and the End of Male Supremacy by Melvin Konner, M.D., The Magicians by Lev Grossman, A Cat Named Darwin: Embracing the Bond Between Man and Pet by William Jordan, and Ghostland: An American History in Haunted Places by Colin Dickey

Adorable, right?
Physical Book:

Literary Yarns: Crochet Projects Inspired by Classic Books by Cindy Wang. I love this book. It has patterns to crochet Frankenstein's monster, Elizabeth Bennet, Mr. Darcy, Sherlock Holmes, etc! Can't wait to make them all.

Listening to: 

Kill Creek by Scott Thomas and Twain's Feast with Nick Offerman

Watching: 

TV:

 The only things I've been watching lately are Murphy Brown, SNL, the new Doctor Who season, and some NBA basketball at least for TV.

Movies:

G and I finally finished up the Harry Potter movies! Now he wants to binge on The Diary of the Wimpy Kid movies....may the gods save me this week!

My Cousin Rachel (2017):

I have not read the book but really want to after seeing this stunning movie starring Rachel Weisz. The ambiguity of it all is maddening but appropriate and Daphne Du Maurier continues to surprise me with her gothic mysteries. Excellent acting, story, and I loved the beautiful countryside.

I'm hoping to watch Ocean's 8, The Mountain Between Us, and The Light Between Oceans which I picked up from the library last week.
.
Making: 

We will be heading up to oldest sister's house for Thanksgiving like we do every year. I usually bring a pie and some stuffing. But I've been wanting to do my own Thanksgiving for awhile and plan on making my very first turkey on Friday with G and DH. I'll be making mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, cornbread, and a salad. And to top it off I'll have hot cocoa for G and Poison cider apple cocktails for DH and me. 

Looking Forward to:

Thanksgiving weekend! G gets out Wednesday. We're going to bake cookies and make snowflakes and decorate the house! I'm looking forward to just spending time with my little family and playing some games and eating and drinking too much with some friends on Saturday.

I hope everyone has a safe and yummy Thanksgiving weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh! How are you liking Twain's Feast? I'm thinking about snagging that on Audible this month as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it so far! It's a great history of so many things. Not what I was expecting; it's so much more!

      Delete
  2. I want to see My Cousin Rachel. I love her. And anything Nick Offerman does is fine by me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so fascinating. I really want to read the book now to see how it differs. And yes to Nick Offerman!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.