Saturday, November 3, 2018

FrightFall and R.I.P. XIII Wrap-up


R.I.P. XIII went from Sept-Oct.

I read a total of 13 mystery/horror-type books during those two months.

September:


  • The Cutting Season by Attica Locke--mystery
  • The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas--mystery/thriller/ya
  • Nighty-Nightmare by James Howe--mystery/juvenile fiction
  • The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury--horror/juvenile fiction
  • The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters--gothic mystery/historical fiction


October and FrightFall and R.I.P. XIII:

  • The Changeling by Victor LaValle--horror/fairytale retelling
  • Scream All Night by Derek Milman--horror/ya
  • The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair that Changed America by Erik Larson--true crime/non-fiction
  • Beanstalker and Other Hilarious Scary Tales by Kiersten White--scary short stories/fairy tale retellings.
  • Spirit Hunters by Ellen Oh--horror/mystery/juvenile fiction
  • The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson--horror
  • PenPal by Dathan Auerbach--horror
  • The Supernatural Enhancements by Edgar Cantero--horror
My favorites:

The Changeling was my favorite, probably will be one of the top ones for the year for me as well! The Little Stranger also blew me away. PenPal was the creepiest book I read during the season. The Haunting of Hill House was also a great listen.

I had a great time reading all the things horror! 

4 comments:

  1. Great job, Heather! Glad you enjoyed so many of your reads. Thanks for joining me for another readathon. (I didn't even do a wrap-up for this nor R.I.P. I'm so lax. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Devil in the White City utterly fascinating—loved the parts about the Colombian Exposition, in particular, and the parts about Holmes truly chilling. I’ve read it twice, it’s so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! I wanted to love it more but I was more interested in the Holmes story and was a upset every time he changed to the Chicago Fair history!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.