1. Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams by Matthew Walker. My focus this year is getting help for my insomnia and wanted to get started last year but didn't quite get to it! This is at the top of my pile for this year.
2. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. I've been meaning to re-read this amazing classic for a few years now. I'm determined to read it this year.
3. The Beautiful Struggle: A Father, Two Sons, and an Unlikely Road to Manhood by Ta-Nehisi Coates. Picked this one up right after I read his latest book Eight Years in Power.
4. Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini. Started it in December but got sidetracked by other things. Looking to finish it up soon.
5. Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow. It'll totally happen! It may take all year, though....
6. Don Quixote by Cervantes. Another that'll take all year but looking forward to it.
7. The Changeling by Victor LaValle. I wanted to read this one for Halloween but other books held my attention. I started the first few chapters over the holidays but had to take it back to the library and I loved it. So it's the top one to read for Halloween this year.
8. Octavia Butler's Earthseed series: Parable of the Sower and Parable of the Talents. An actual religion has spawned from this series and I really wanted to get to it last year so this is the year!
9. Difficult Women by Roxane Gay. Short stories are harder for me. I read one and then feel like I don't need to move on to the next story. But I am going to finish this one soon. Love her stories so much.
10. Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon by David Grann. When the movie came out I put it on my list but never got to it. The movie was on best movies of 2017 list and thus I really want to get to it this year!