Monday, December 11, 2017

Week-in-Review-- December 11, 2017

The one thing that I do enjoy about this time of year is the excuse to slow down a bit and just be. G and I made Christmas goodies all weekend and we watched at least 3 holiday movies! It's been busy but fun.

Books Finished:

From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling, and You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sherman Alexie.

Currently Reading:

The Burning Girl: A Novel by Claire Messud. This one is very short and I should finish it either today or tomorrow. It's on a lot of best of 2017 lists so I figured I'd try a few out before 2018 hits with more wonderful books on the way!

Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Krampusnacht: Twelve Nights of Krampus by Kate Wolford. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte and finally Hamlet by Shakespeare! Whew. We shall see how many of these I can get through before 2018!

Listening To:

Audible just gave out a new title to its members called "The Most Wonderful Tales of the Year." So I'm thinking I'll listen a bit to that this week along with The Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan.

I just picked up Lindsey Stirling's new Christmas album Warmer in the Winter, which has been amazing. I also found Loreena McKennitt's A Midwinter's Night Dream which features Celtic winter tunes and vocals. Delightful.

Watching:

Dark on Netflix. It's from Germany and it's dark and weird and fabulous. It's like Stranger Things on steroids.


All the Christmas holiday movies. G loves Home Alone so we've watched those two many times. Elf has been on the list and Polar Express too while sipping hot chocolate and nomming on popcorn and other goodies.

Making:

We made all the cookies and goodies this week. Oreo mint truffles, peanut butter balls, peanut butter blossoms, and good old-fashioned sugar cookies. The frosting wasn't as good as I was hoping. We're making more this week since we ran out and I'll try a different recipe and hopefully that one tastes better! The Oreo truffles didn't quite work out either but we made do. So I'll need to find a better recipe for those. I don't bake a lot so most of this is new. But I like branching out and with DH gone so long, I've needed an outlet and some fun to do with G.

Looking forward to:

DH is coming home Saturday night! Yay! We cannot wait. It has been very lonely at our house without him. G has his rescheduled cooking class on Friday and we're going to a winter solstice celebration on Saturday morning.

Also, it's DH and I's 14th wedding anniversary Tuesday. So I'll probably take G out for some Thai and a little merry-making.

Pics from the week:


Dec 8
G got some playtime in with friends!


2017-12-10 10.08.21
Nala loves the head scratches


Dec 9
We spent all weekend making cookies and other goodies!










2 comments:

  1. Love that Gingerbread house! Looks like you had a fun time making it! :)

    I keep hearing amazing things about The Hate You Give. I really need to jump that one to number one on my tbr list. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one impressive gingerbread house!!! I want to watch the Home Alone movie with Gage but we haven't yet. I need to find them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.