Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 End-of-year Movie Stats

I also love the movies. I have no idea how many movies I watched this year. I only kept sporadic details. My goal is to do better this year....

My favorite movies of 2017:


1. Get Out (2017): Most amazing horror-comedy, social-satire ever made!


2. Logan (2017): This movie made me cry. It's moving and heart-felt while also kickass!


3. Manchester by the Sea (2016): While I'm no Casey Affleck fan, this story is raw about grief, what we do with it and how we never truly heal from it.


4. Captain Fantastic (2016): Heart-warming story about an unconventional family trying to make it in this so often cruel world.


5. La La Land (2016): While I never got caught up in the music, I enjoyed the love story and how sometimes real life gets in the way.


6. Miss Sloane (2016): This was a surprise find for me. I loved it and didn't expect to.


7. Hidden Figures (2016): I loved watching these amazing women soar! I enjoyed how the movie brought these women into real life for me. The book was a bit confusing and dry. But absolutely adore this movie.


8. Wonder Woman (2017): Finally an action movie I can truly get behind! Gal Gadot is superb as Wonder Woman and look forward to the rest of her solo movies.


9. Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016): This is an adorable story of a foster father and his son hiding out in the woods due to miscommunication and crazy antics.


10. The Big Sick (2017): I'd heard good things before watching but it truly blew me away with it's acting, story, and raw scenes. It's the feel-good movie of the year for me.


11. It (2017): Not only was a it a great horror movie but it's also just a good coming-of-age movie. The kid actors in this are fantastic. I cannot wait for part II!


12. The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby (2014): Another heart-wrenching movie about grief. Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy are amazing in this.


13. Thor: Ragnarok (2017): Best superhero movie ever. It's funny, action-packed, and smart. Perfect combo.


14. Wind River (2017): Another surprise for me. Heart-wrenching story about grief. What can I say the grief and death stories get to me and I love them.


My favorite documentary this year has to be Strong Island directed by Yance Ford. It's a Netflix original. Ford sets out to examine the violent death of her brother and the judicial system that let his killer go free. It's eye-opening and tragic yet beautifully done.

4 comments:

  1. Nice picks. And there are a couple here I'm adding my to watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie Logan made me cry too. I wanted the ending to be different, I just can't believe that Logan is gone..pfff. Nope..not true, right? :(

    Wonder Woman, yes, amazing! Totally kick-ass. Love that!

    I think for 2018 I'm going to get a notebook for just movies that I watched or want to watch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of good movies this year! I have only seen a few of those, but I liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watched so few new movies this past year. Once we stopped renting movies, we really stopped watching them because we hardly ever get to the theater. Lots of movies I'm interested in on your list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.