Wednesday, July 27, 2011

One Line Movie Reviews

1. Beastly (2011): Too much "sugar" in this one.
Rating: C-
2. Temple Grandin (2010): Amazing biography of a woman with autism who designed humane slaughter houses.
Rating: A+
3. Sucker Punch (2011): Surreal and dark and simply mind-boggling!
Rating: B+
4. Battle: Los Angeles (2011): Mediocre take on aliens attacking the world again.
Rating: C
5. Red Riding Hood (2011): Twilight's version of Red Riding Hood, but with a bit of passion.
Rating: B-
6. The Village (2004): A few twists and turns along the way but really disturbing in the end.
Rating: B

7. Lincoln Lawyer (2011): Intense, well-acted, and a great get-you-back plot!
Rating: B+

4 comments:

  1. I saw most of Temple on a plane trip and thought it was fantastic. I need to see it from the beginning. I remember seeing The Village and the theater and liking it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of these movies, I've only seen The Village, which I liked a lot, but I'm wanting to see Red Riding Hood and Temple Grandin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. www.hillaryhunt.comAugust 2, 2011 at 8:13 PM

    I haven’t wanted to see that beastly movie because they totally wussed-out on making that guy truly ugly, he’s still gorgeous. And I’d love to hear what you thought of Sucker-Punch from a feminist pov, I haven’t seen it because it seemed like one of those female empowerment movies that’s really just about watching a girl kick butt in a short skirt. I liked Red Riding Hood, but some of it was a bit silly, like the medieval grinding dance they were doing, lol. And, I like Matthew McConaughey 100% more when he’s not doing an insipid rom-com. Whew, how was that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. still have to watch suckerpunch and red riding hood.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.