Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Genre: young adult
FTC Disclosure: received via Goodreads.com Swap
Published: 2010
Pages: 472
Content: PG-13 for language and teen drama.

Yeah, I loved this book. I read this in two days and it's over 400 pages. Kid? What kid for two days? Yeah, I'm terrible. But I couldn't put this one down. It was so unique and telling and interesting.

Samantha Kingston is pretty and popular and beeyotch with her three friends. They rule the school and everyone knows it. After a harrowing incident at a party, Sam and three friends lose control of the car...Sam soon finds herself repeating the same day over and over again. She learns new things each day, what's important, and starts to put the pieces together about why she's repeating this day and how she can break the cycle.

Each day is the same and yet completely different. Oliver really knows how to make the characters come alive. Even though Sam and her friends are so mean, you find out what really makes them tick and why they are who they are...we're all just human and trying to cope with life.

This is such an important novel for anyone to read. I hope it really resonates with teens and gets them thinking about why they act the way they do. I love books that make me think and this one does. Read it; it's that good.


Rating: 5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. You're right, I think this is important for people to read. I've been pushing it on people since I read it, and when I reviewed it I called it a soon-to-be classic. I still stand by that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing postitive things about this book. I have it on my bookshelf, but have not read it yet. Looking forward reading it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.