Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blameless by Gail Carriger

Genre: steampunk, Victorian England, paranormal
FTC Disclosure: bought online from Book Depository
Published: 2010
Pages: 355
Content: PG-13

In a Line: Lacked the chemistry of the first two, but ended strongly.

I actually liked this one better, overall, than the second in the series Changeless. I was sort of outraged at the ending on that one. But this one came through, for the most part.

We start with Lady Macon being thrown out from the presence of Lord Macon. She is again living with her unbearable family and is THE scandal. And then her only real friend Lord Akeldama leaves town with his drones with nary a word. She soon finds herself on a journey to outrun all the vampires who now want her dead with no protection of the pack...due to her delicate condition. She turns to Italy, the land of the Templars, who may be able to shed some light on how she could even possibly be with child.

It's wit, danger, and a parasol at every turn. The only thing missing was the actual interaction of her and Conall. Everything turns out just dandy in the end so I can only imagine that the next in the series will be superb!

I'm really loving this series. It doesn't need to have an over reaching story arc...we can just follow along the lives of these adoring characters. Keep them coming Ms. Carriger!

Rating: 4/5

1 comment:

  1. I like this series a lot and am anxiously awaiting my copy of this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.