Saturday, June 5, 2010

Changeless by Gail Carriger

Genre: mystery, steampunk
FTC Disclosure: bought from Book Depository.com
Published: 2010
Pages: 374
Content: PG

Since I loved the first in this series I was really looking forward to the second. I must admit I was a bit disappointed. I felt that it took a bit too long to get into the good parts of the story. And the ending...well, I didn't like it that much...it was really, really maddening!!! You just want to grab a few of the characters through the pages and give them a good throttle!

But overall, I enjoy Alexia very much. Gail Carriger does a wonderful job with her. She gives a nice modern flair from the pages of Jan Austen. Alexia is as snobby as they come yet still very loyal and open. Her relationship with Lord Maccon is always a hoot. She makes it seem like she's not sure if she really loves her husband, but you know she does. It's hilarious! The supporting characters are always a hoot to read as well. And you throw in more steampunk goodness and it's still a very enjoyable story.

It ends in a major heart-wrenching cliffhanger! And I can't wait until the next one! Thank goodness it comes out soon.

Rating: 3.75/5

4 comments:

  1. What a great book cover! Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read the first one, so I am really looking forward reading this one. The cover is as always amazing! But the sound of it, yep, too bad that it somethimes took a long time to get to the fun parts..still I want to read it very soon. Thanks for the wonderfu l review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steampunk again! I really need to keep up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked the first book better, too, but this is a fun series to read. Can't wait for the next one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.