Thursday, September 2, 2021

Readers Imbibing Peril: RIP XVI

 Yes, it's that time of year again! RIP has moved onto Instagram and Twitter only. But they have a ton of fun new features this year...check it out @perilreaders

Anything goes for this challenge! Mystery, horror, thriller, classics, gothic, true crimes, nonfiction on horror movies, or haunted places, etc.

There's also a listening challenge, a movie and or TV show challenge. There is a bingo challenge, photo challenge over the next two months!

And a read-a-long to The Sundial by Shirley Jackson. So if any of this sounds even remotely amazing go check them out either on Instagram or Twitter.

I've already started! I watched "Candyman" last night with a friend. I'm listening to Stephen Graham Jones' new book My Heart Is a Chainsaw.

Other books on my list:

  • The Chestnut Man by Soren Sveistrup
  • The Halloween Moon by Joseph Fink
  • Velvet Was the Night by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
  • The Taking of Jake Livingston by Ryan Douglass
  • Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
  • The Maidens by Alex Michaelides
  • The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell
  • The Good House by Tananarive Due
  • Billy Summers by Stephen King
Too many to count but I'll do my best!

Movies/TV
  • Slasher season 4 on Shudder
  • American Horror Story Season 10 on Hulu
  • Nine Perfect Strangers on Hulu
  • Last Night in Soho
  • Malignant
  • Halloween Kills (new one with Jamie Lee Curtis!!!!)
I may go through some older classics I haven't seen for awhile

There are also a ton of podcasts that share scary stories, true crime, dramatized mysteries and horror. Skies the limit! 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you're joining in for RIP, too, and you've got a great lineup of books and movies! I'll probably begin RIP season with a reread of Jane Eyre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forget Jane Eyre is also a bit of a horror book! That gothic nature of the book makes it so. Which also reminded me of Rebecca and I just started The Woman in Black.

      Delete
  2. Nice spooky list. I'm curious about Velvet Was the Night. Also I haven't known about The Sundial. Hmm. Love Shirley Jackson. We are watching Nine Perfect Strangers ... and it's weird enough ... Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read two by Silvia Moreno-Garcia and loved one and not so much the other. I'm curious to see where her other books lie for me!

      Also watching Nine Perfect Strangers. So weird!

      Delete
  3. This is going to be my October reading theme! I'm looking forward to all of your recommendations :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.