Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Horror Movie Wednesday: My Favorite Re-Watches

horrormoviewednesdaypic

 Which ones do I have to re-watch every year during Halloween time?


Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil
(2010): It's just the ultimate comedy horror. It's a true classic. And as long as you can stand a little gore, anyone can watch it!


It Follows
(2014): This is one freaky and well-done horror movie. I can't recommend it enough. There's more to see with each viewing.


The Babadook
(2014): Also another fantastic horror movie. It really brings the stress of being a mom home...


Clue
(1985): This is probably one of my most favoritest movies ever! It's such a classic whodunit and it's just so funny. DH and I constantly quote this movie throughout the year. Little G loves it too. One can never have too much Tim Curry and Madeline Kahn, amiright?


The 'Burbs
(1989): Also on of my favorite movies ever. Funny with a side of creepy. Classic Hanks and Corey Feldman, and even Carrie Fisher! 


Halloween
(1978): A very clean classic slasher flick! There's hardly any blood, which is surprising. But it's one of the first if not the first slasher flick to take place in the 'burbs and at home, supposedly a safe place. So it's truly a freaky little show. Let's not forget the classic final girls trope coming into use as well!


Cabin in the Woods
(2012): I'm a big fan of the meta horror movie. Scream is on the list but I could only make it so long...


Insidious
(2010): It's just so scary. That first one is terrifying. It still gets me.


Alien
(1979): This one is truly the scariest of the Alien franchise. The scariest and the best, IMO.


Get Out
(2017): This one is a perma-classic. The psychological horror is real-time and the ending is just so good!

Do you have any favorites you have to watch every year?

6 comments:

  1. I am a huge horror movie wimp! I can read most horror all day and all night and I'll be fine but my idea of a scary movie is usually Goosebumps! That said, I have watched a surprising number of these. Tucker and Dale was surprisingly funny! Cabin in the Woods was a bit more intense (for me) than I anticipated but I still liked it well enough. My husband and father-in-law love The Burbs so much, it's ridiculous. They quote it all the time! Alien was pretty scary too. I don't think I've watched any of the sequels. I also don't remember ever watching Clue. I wonder if Netflix or Amazon has it... Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For a horror wimp, you have seen quite a bit! I can talk my DH into a few comedy horrors like Tucker and Dale and Zombieland. What We Do in the Shadows is also a favorite. I totally forgot to add that!

      Delete
  2. I'm the biggest scaredy-cat in the world, and I have never seen any of these movies. However, a friend and a family member love horror (shudder!) and I will share this list with both of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get enough! Ha. I think you should see Get Out! It definitely speaks to our times right now. And it's got some humor throughout and it ends well. So maybe that can keep you going if it gets too scary.

      Delete
  3. It Follows and Cabin In The Woods are two of my favorites! Awesome list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! So good. I think I'll watch one of these two this week! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.