Friday, June 22, 2018

Bookly Update

Summer is so weird. I love it but I hate it. Lots of BBQing, lots of sangrias to be made and frozen cocktails, holidays to celebrate, kid to entertain, work to be done, long days and short nights....All the things. Week 3 of summer vacation is still going strong. G and I have planned to hike at least once a week. We've done two so far and with minimal whining so win!

2018-06-12 19.37.22-2



Looking forward to:

1. Planning Disneyland in October! It's a lot of planning and a lot of stress but I know it'll be worth it.

2. Planning a camping trip in September. G will be back in school but it's still something to look forward to before Fall is in full swing.

3. Birthday-- it was last week but I never mentioned it. I had a great time seeing Deadpool 2 with DH and another movie with my sister and brother and then a fun bowling night with friends.

Books Acquired:


1. Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okorafor. I love her Akata Witch series as well.

2. The Universe edited by John Brockman

3. Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic by David Quammen

4. The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating by Elisabeth Tova Bailey

5. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgarov

Library:


1. People Who Eat Darkness: The True Story of a Young Woman Who Vanished from the Streets of Tokyo--and The Evil that Swallowed Her Up by Richard Lloyd Parry

2. The Band's Visit DVD--Hebrew original production which the Tony award-winning Boadway played is based on! I'm very excited to see this!

3. The Overstory by Richard Powers

Watched/Watching:

Movies:

The Shape of Water on DVD. A beautiful fantasy about love and acceptance from the master storyteller Guillermo Del Toro.


Hereditary. Saw this one in the theater. Great atmospheric drama with horror elements. It's bloody and weird and good! If you loved The Witch then this will be right up your alley.

Jurassic World. Oh this was terrible. When you wish all of the dinosaurs would just kill all of the humans already, you know you've crossed a line! But G loved it and he'll probably beg us to see it in July...


Mirrors. So bad it was funny. It is not a comedy.

TV:

I'm catching up on season two of Queer Eye. I'm watching Money Heist as well on Netflix. Fabulous crime drama from Spain. Westworld! from HBO! So good this season. So. Damn. Good!

And I binge-watched The Staircase.... OMG! This show got me. All the emotions. Thought he was innocent, guilty, innocent...don't know! fascinating so go watch that one.

Marcella on Netflix. It's a great British crime drama. It doesn't add to the genre...all the stereotypes are there but it's a good time.


I'm also trying out YouTube TV this summer so I'm watching all the shows I don't usually have access to like Dietland, The Last OG, The Sinner, etc.


3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize the second season of Queer Eye was available. Yea! It's my go-to right now for a quick show I can watch while I'm doing other things. We are FINALLY almost through the first season of Westworld so we can get to season two. Accidentally ended up catching part of a season two episode and wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Westworld is so good! I hope you enjoy the second season. A friend of mine liked the first one better but I enjoyed the second season more. Queer Eye is a great quick show for a feel good hour! Ha!

      Delete
  2. I'm loving Dietland! Plum is just SO great...and I can relate to her problems. I live them.

    I started watching Marcella (Season 2) yesterday. Oh my do I ever HATE her ex-husband. I'm terrible, but I keep thinking "Why didn't he die?" and when he said he was going on the advance trip to Singapore, I thought "I hope his plane crashes." lol I'm awful, but he is a real piece of work.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.