Friday, January 12, 2018

Nonfiction Friday-- Obama: An Intimate Portrait: The Historic Presidency in Photographs by Pete Souza


I got this one for Christmas and I finally made the time to just sit and look through and read the whole thing. It's beautiful. It took me back to so many great moments during Obama's presidency. All the class, all the triumphs, and the struggles. The beautiful moments are all laid out so I can go through them time and again.


I love the picture of little 5-year-old Jacob asking the president if his hair felt just like his did and the president leans over and says "Why don't you see for yourself?"

Pete Souza captured the moment Homeland Security Advisor John Brennan told him the awful news of the Sandy Hook Elementary massacre. It's a grief-stricken and haunted look. It guts you.

This book is full of them. Pick it up today. It's an amazing collection that records an historic presidency.

*part of my nonfiction 2018 reading challenge.


8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Christmas present. I love the photo of Jacob and the President.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book with lots of pictures seems like a great way to capture the defining moments of a presidency. I love the story and picture you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds super interesting & I do want to read more about Obama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to read/look at it one day!

      Delete
  4. I didn't know about this book--will definitely get a copy as I miss President Obama more each day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.