Monday, January 22, 2018

Week-in-review-- January 22, 2018

Let's see...this weekend involved G playing basketball! He made an amazing pass of his head right to his teammate...totally planned! It was adorable. We started a fun game called Hero's Quest together. G really enjoys these types of RPG games where he can fight and look for treasure.

Books Finished:

None. I started a bunch but did not finish any this last week.

Currently Reading:

The Power of Meaning: Crafting a Life that Matters by Emily Esfahani Smith, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte, The Unwomanly Face of War: An Oral History of Women in World War II by Svetlana Alexievich, and Wonder by R.J. Palacio (reading with G before bed).

Listening To:

Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi. I love listening to this one. I ended up listening to podcasts rather than finish off this one off...but this should be the week!

Caught up on RadioLab and Waking Up podcasts.

Watching:

Beatriz at Dinner was an interesting movie for me. A bit too depressing and nihilistic for my mood this weekend but it had some insight as well. Exceptional acting by Salma Hayek and John Lithgow.

DH and I finished up The Orville's first season. I can't say I love it. It's not the greatest show on TV but it's goofy and fun and so we continue to watch!

Making:

I made fish tacos this weekend and they were amazing! They were easy and delicious. I'm hoping to get a recipe going in my InstantPot. Quite a learning curve here....

Looking forward to:

The wine night did not happen since my friend got sick but it's been moved to this Friday!

Pics from the week:

G took a power nap with Shadow. Talk about the winter blues in January. I'm noticing a trend of not getting out much...

2018-01-17 15.44.38

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.