Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Week-in-Review--November 28, 2017

source

Happy Thanksgiving! G was off for most of the week. DH was gone all week, and this week, next week, and the week after that....

Wonderful friends came over Wednesday night for games and frivolity. G was able to play with his friends. We ate pizza, drank sangria and eggnog jelly shots, and played Trivial Pursuit 90s edition!

Thursday was up at my sister's house for turkey, potatoes and gravy, homemade rolls and honey butter, and lots of yummy pies. Most everyone in my family does not drink nor have they ever had any alcohol. But my son has been around it and knows how to be safe. So in the line to get some sparkling apple cider my son asked if it had alcohol in it. My sister's friend was manning the line and said: "Of course not! There would never be any alcohol here!" Yup, that my son. I was proud of him for being safe. I always try to keep things interesting!

Friday we visited my mom and dad and my niece and her daughter since she was down for Thanksgiving. We played games and caught up. It was a nice afternoon.

Saturday we went over to another friend's house for some ham and more potatoes and gravy and laughed and talked and played.

Sunday we got all of the Christmas stuff up and the Thanksgiving stuff down! Well, we didn't get to the lights outside the house but everything inside is done! Whew...

So it was a full week of visiting and eating! I didn't get to a lot of blogging, unfortunately, so I am trying to make up for that this week...but then there is the X-mas shopping and holiday cards making...

I'm also trying to gather up all the fun things to do here in Utah over the next few weeks. I love this time of year and want to enjoy it by having it mostly planned before next week...wish me luck!

Books Finished:

Source
Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brene Brown and We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Currently Reading:

Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone by J.K. Rowling (reading with G), From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty, Krampusnacht: Twelve Nights of Krampus by Kate Wolfold, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte, and Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini.

Listening To:

Source
You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sherman Alexie. The Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan. I could listen to him for hours.

Watching:

Six Feet Under by HBO. This is good. They offer up so many thoughts and ideas about death and how we as a society handle them...sometimes great and most of the time not so great.

Making:

I'll be making chicken tortellini soup tonight. It's G's favorite. Cornbread and honey butter went over well this last week so I'll probably whip up more with the rest of the buttermilk this week.

Looking forward to:

G has a fun cooking Christmas-themed class on Saturday morning. He'll be getting pics with Santa and cooking up some fun treats and making an ornament. He's pretty excited about it. Later that day he'll have a birthday party as well. It's going to be another exciting weekend! If we have the energy we may go see Coco on Sunday!

Pics from the week:

2017-11-19 18.16.50


2017-11-19 18.17.22-1


2017-11-20 15.08.51


2017-11-20 17.00.12


2017-11-26 19.50.36-1


2017-11-26 19.51.32-1


2017-11-24 23.37.16



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.