Monday, November 13, 2017

Week-in-Review--November 13, 2017

This last week G and I were a bit under the weather. I didn't get as much posted or looked at or done as I would have liked. I managed to cook a few more meals at home and we even headed out to go bowling over the weekend!

Books Finished:

The Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste and Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie.

Currently Reading:

Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone by J.K. Rowling (reading with G), We Were Eight Years in Power: An American Tragedy by Ta-Nehisi Coates, From Here to Eternity: Traveling the World to Find the Good Death by Caitlin Doughty. I've got a couple of classics that I'm starting and want to see which one catches my fancy before I commit!

Listening To:

Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders on Audible. I'm almost done!

Watching:

Movies about death and grief.

The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Them was a beautiful and poignant look at how we each experience grief differently and how it affects everyone around us. Quite a surprise for me.

Alias Grace was a great mini-series. Beautiful sets and the acting was flawless.

Making:

I made two different soups this week that went over well. Also spiced up my spaghetti with some meat. It's the little things. I'll be making some different cocktails and sides for Friendsgiving next week. And probably a pie for Thanksgiving with the family!

Looking forward to:

I'll tell you what I'm not looking forward to. DH is heading out of country to Taiwan for a few weeks. It'll be lonely having him gone, especially with Thanksgiving and our anniversary around the corner. But we'll make do. My plans are to come up with some fine ideas to do with the little one and hopefully make the time away seem a bit faster.


Pics from the week:

2017-11-05 15.20.40-2
Nala basking in the warm sun! So pretty!


2017-11-02 13.51.20-1
We got to help a friend out by babysitting their kitten Kimchi while they moved last weekend! Adorable!


2017-11-11 18.30.45
Bowling night!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.