Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Teaser Tuesday- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

teasertuesdays31 Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
It's definitely a day late...sorry!

My Teaser:


p. 101 Suddenly I am furious, that with my life on the line, they don't even have the decency to pay attention to me...Without thinking, I pull an arrow from my quiver and send it straight at the Gamemakers' table. I hear shouts of alarm as people stumble back. Th arrow skewers the apple in the pig's mouth and pins it to the wall behind it. Everyone stares at me in disbelief.
"Thank you for your consideration," I say. Then I give a slight bow and walk straight toward the exit without being dismissed.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this book and this was such a great moment in it! Great teaser pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. End of book two was a nice teaser for book three! >.<


    http://themockingjay.vndv.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this sounds good. I've heard a lot of good things about this book, but haven't read it yet. This teaser makes me want to go out and get a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to make time to read this book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.