Monday, December 5, 2022

2022 Yuletide Spirit Reading Challenge!

 Michelle over at Seasons of Reading is hosting her yearly holiday reading challenge: 2022 Yuletide Spirit. I don't usually signup for holiday challenges but I have at least two if not three I plan to get in this month so here I go...


Reading level challenges:

1. Candy Cane: Read 1 book.

2. Mistletoe: Read 2-4 books.

3. Christmas Tree: Read 5 or more books (the fanatic level!)

I planning on the Mistletoe level with at least 3 books. But hopefully more will be read!

  1. The Battle for Christmas by Stephen Nissenbaum
  2. Hark the Herald Angels Scream edited by Christopher Golden
  3. The Afterlife by Holly Chase
  4. I may try to reread A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  5. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. While technically not Christmas it still has that holiday spirit throughout the whole book. I've been meaning to reread it for years now...


Additional Levels

Fa la la la la Films: Watch holiday movies!!!! Yasss! So many new ones to see this December and old ones to revisit! Spirited on Apple TV and A Christmas Story: Christmas.

Visions of sugar plums: Read books with the wains and share what we read. My son is older now but every Xmas Eve we read a few children's Christmas books around the tree and eat pizza and cookies and cocoa.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A good challenge keeps me reading some months!

      Delete
  2. Hmm I'm not sure if I know The Battle for Christmas book. I will look for it. It would be nice if I got to A Christmas Carol too. It's starting to feel a bit Christmas-y now ... I need another week though before it fully starts to hit me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It came out in 1997 so it's quite old but it still very relevant! I hope the holiday spirit hits you soon up your way!

      Delete
  3. So many Christmas books and movies! You are really busy.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy a good book and movie with the family!

      Delete
  4. Oh this can only be fun!! I don't actually have any Christmas reads planned... But I can always try to see what I can squeeze in.

    Thanks for sharing this challenge!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I don't normally read a lot of holiday books since they can get a bit cheesy but I like to have some options and I do love holiday horror so that keeps me going! I hope you share your holiday reads if you get to any!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.