Thursday, July 2, 2020

Sci-fi Summer Readathon Wrap-up



I read one book! Yah! It was a really good one and I look forward to finishing off the series this summer. Thanks to Michelle at Seasons of Reading for hosting!

Here's a link to my review of Dawn by Octavia Butler.

This series has been around for awhile so I decided to share some interesting covers for her book.

Also, back in February Ava DuVernay said she has plans to make the Xenogenesis series into a TV show with Amazon. Whether that is still happening and when is probably a bit up in the air with the pandemic but I hope eventually it gets made along with Butler's Earthseed series!

This is my favorite!



Notice how Lilith is white? WTF?









4 comments:

  1. Hmm interesting book covers ... I like looking at different ones. Usually I know right after I've read a story which cover I like best. But I can see where you'd like the top one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only read one book too. It was a good one though...The Book of Strange New Things by Michel Faber. I love Octavia's writing. Parable of the Sower was SO good. I have most of her books on Kindle. Hope to get to them eventually. I would love some TV series adapted from them.

    Thanks for joining in again. Hope to see you in September/October for our two month FrightFall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting despite all the crazy moving and pandemic stuff!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.