Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Covid 19 Family Update

We're still trying to keep the sanity here at our place. Online schooling has been tough. G has a really hard time sitting and learning on the computer for hours on end. Typing is also a problem. There have been quite a few tears. But we take breaks, laugh, give hugs, pet kitties, make goodies, and pet kitties.

G has been enjoying "Brain Games" on Disney+. He usually watches two during lunch and maybe one after dinner. He's absolutely loving the games and discussions on how our brains work and perceive nature.

I'm also not letting him play with other kids outside right now. I really want us to do our part to quarantine and stay home. So it's been really hard on him to not play with a few kids. It's a bit easier since more and more of the neighborhood kids are also staying inside. But he is an only and it makes it a bit harder. He's getting online more with friends. He's had a few Facetime calls with friends and a cousin. He's been playing some online games with friends from school.

I've learned Audible is providing a huge portion of their library for free during this time for kids and parents alike. Scribd is offering its online library for free for a few more weeks. I've already started two books! I think I may sign up permanently once the free offer ends.

Coursera is offering a course on the novel coronavirus and giving daily updates. I just started the course and have been enjoying learning more about infectious disease in general and Covid-19 in particular.

A really great YouTube channel is Science Mom. She is uploading almost two-hour daily videos on science along with projects and experiments.

Reading: Right now I'm still working on The Histories by Herodotus. I'm over halfway! It's actually fairly interesting. Spillover: Animal Infections and the Next Human Pandemic by Daniel Quammen. Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. I bought this one a few months ago and I read somewhere that this would be a good quarantine read... I'm enjoying it but it's a lot darker than I was expecting so I'm not sure but I'm hoping it comes with a good ending! And on Scribd I'm listening to Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland.

Watching: DH and I started Altered Carbon on Netflix, season two. So far it's pretty good. Season 3 of The Sinner. I don't know how I feel about this latest season. It's a bit weird and kooky but I'm hooked so I'll stick with it. But season one is the best. And before our libraries closed down I picked up season one of American Gods. I haven't dived in yet but I am planning on it this week. And I may pick up Emma even though I've seen it and Invisible Man cuz it looks scary and I may need that this weekend!

Favorite Pics: I don't usually post this many but it's helping the sanity. And Spring is around the corner, hopefully! It's been gloomy the last few days with scattered showers and wind but I figure that's just Spring doing it's thing!

2020-03-20 12.51.36-1-3

2020-03-22 14.50.38

2020-03-22 15.01.10

2020-03-22 09.54.27-1-1


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.