Friday, July 27, 2018

Week-in-Review-- Washington State Trip

My dear friend and her family moved away up to Washington state in May. So with summer in full swing and with them purchasing a new home, I knew we needed to get away and visit. It was a success! I drove me and G all the way up there with no DH in tow (work wouldn't allow it, unfortunately). We did it in two days on the way up and then two days on the way back. Boise, Idaho was our stopping point. It is a long-ass drive....

But it was worth it! We had an amazing time! It has been healing to see her settling in and making a new life for herself and her family. I'm still extremely sad she's not so close anymore but we have plans for New Year's and plans for a girls' trip next Fall!

We went to the Dash Point Beach near Puyallup. Washington is gorgeous! So many trees and greenery everywhere. You have beaches and mountains within a relatively short drive. Amazing. They even found a live sand dollar! I didn't know they were fuzzy!

2018-07-16 12.14.33-1-1


2018-07-16 12.34.03


The next day we headed out to the local parks. The parks are filled with lakes, ducks, and wild areas where bunnies roam free! Beautiful scenery so close!

2018-07-17 11.43.00


2018-07-17 11.51.57 HDR


2018-07-17 11.53.18


2018-07-17 16.10.10


Our second to last day we headed down to the Ape Caves in the Mount Saint Helen National Park. They're lava tubes formed a long time ago but this is the biggest one I've been to. It was 1.5 miles to get out. And we climbed all over rocks and trenches and even scaled a wall! It was hard! G and the other kids were having a few breakdowns but we all did it. G even had quite a few tears along the way. But we did it! Woot!

2018-07-19 13.50.42


2018-07-19 17.28.18


G and L were all tuckered out in the end. Adorable. Blessings from heaven...

We relaxed the last day and just talked and drank wine and played games. I didn't get hardly anything read at all along the way; I was too tired by the end of each day to read much.

This week is the recovery and get back into the swing of things. DH kept the cats alive and my plants too!

I hope to get my blogging caught up and get more reading in.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.