Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday-- It's All About the Book Hype!


What are 5 books that lived up to the hype (for me)?


1. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas ( One of my favorite reads last year) I hope they do right with the movie.


2. Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi (while I'm not finished with it, I'm halfway through and it's definitely living up to the hype!) This is also getting turned into a movie and it'll be amazing if done right!

I love this cover so much!

3. The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin

4. You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sherman Alexie

5. Educated: A Memoir by Tara Westover

What are 5 books that are all the rage that I need to read soon?

1. Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

2. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah

3. Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe

4. The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Mass

5. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng

Have you read any of mine? Did you like them? Hate them? Have you read any I still want to read and thought they lived up to the hype or not? Join in on the discussion over at That Artsy Reader Girl.

7 comments:

  1. I have not read any of the books on your list this week. They all look good.

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2018/07/top-ten-tuesday-popular-books-that.html

    Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read Crazy Rich Asians. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my big books to finish this month! I hope it's good.

      Delete
  3. I need to read Little Fires Everywhere, too. I hope we both like it!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hate U Give has just been selected as my city's city-wide read. My book club often reads the selection but I'm just not sure they will enjoy it. Me, on the other hand, I will definitely read it and just put it on hold at the library on audio so I can do a read/listen combo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! She does a great job writing from the soul.

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.