Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Sci-Fi Summer Readathon Signup

I'm joining Michele over at Seasons Reading for a little sci-fi/fantasy summer reading kickoff!



So grab some sci-fi reading material and join along!

I have a few that I'd like to read but it's only two weeks so I won't have much time but....

1. The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler. This is the first book in the Earthseed series. I think she had more in mind but she passed away sadly before she wrote more. Her series has also inspired an actual religious movement called Earthseed. I've heard it's just that good. So here we go!

2. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I read this one in high school and loved it. With the new movie out on HBO, I've been meaning to read this one. This would be a great time for a re-read.

3. The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. Amazon just had a deal with the first two books on Kindle so I thought I'd take a chance!

This list will keep me busy! Plus Octavia Butler has another book in the series and the rest of her sci-fi books to keep me busy for a very long time!

1 comment:

  1. Some great choices. I've not read any but own the Chambers ones. I need to figure out what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.