Monday, February 26, 2018

Week-in-Review...er Month? February 26, 2018

I'm not sure how often I'll update this. My goal is at least twice a month but maybe once a month? I've found that once a week isn't doable right now. I will get them in when I can. Go me!

This month was G's 9th birthday! I can't believe how big he is. Time flies. In 9 more years he'll have turned 18...I can't even imagine. We had a great time celebrating his birthday. He loves cats and so we went up the local cat cafe and spent the afternoon drinking hot chocolate and coffee and playing with shelter cats who need affection and a good home. I think he enjoyed his birthday immensely! The fun continued over the weekend with friends at the local trampoline place and cake and ice cream with family. Happy birthday, kiddo!

This last weekend we got dumped with snow and icy cold temperatures. We took a snow day on Friday and stayed in and played in the snow.

Books Finished:

Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cat Really Did That? 101 Stories of Miracles, Mischief, and Magical Moments by Amy Newmark; One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter by Scacchi Koul; A False Report: A True Story of Rape in America by T. Christian Miller; Mary's Monster: Love, Madness, and How Mary Shelley Created Frankenstein by Lita Judge

Currently Reading:

War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (this will be all year long). The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder (part of my philosophy club). Dewey: The Small-time Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron (reading aloud with G before bed).

Listening To:

The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin. I love her world-building. Great fantasy series and I should be done this week!

Watching:


The Expanse. DH and I are loving catching up on this one. Such a fantastic space drama/action show.

I finished off Queer Eye. It's an inspiring show and it's what made me happy this week. Alternate Carbon. DH and I finished it off a few weeks ago. It was highly addicting but also felt it could've been better. Too much male-eye gaze, etc.

Black Panther. Wow! Blew me away! I knew it was going to be good but one does not have any idea how good it is until you go see if for yourself. It lives up to the hype. It wasn't as funny as Thor: Ragnarok, but it wasn't trying to be and it didn't need to either. Best overall film in the Marvel Avenger franchise.

Making:

I have my bananas sitting on the counter over-ripening so I can make banana bread this week! It'll have been years since I've made this and thus am extremely excited to make this.

I purchased an InstantPot a few months ago and have been wanting to figure it all out. So I picked out one recipe this week for some philly cheesesteak sandwiches and hope they turn out!

Looking forward to:

We're hosting a gyoza party with some friends this Saturday. Really looking forward to making gyozas and drinking some sake!

Also getting my haircut tomorrow and I'm thinking of doing the hair a bit different. I still haven't totally decided yet but I'm getting nervous and excited all at once...

Pics from the week:

Lots of pics from the month. I'll focus on G's birthday and our snowpocalypse this weekend!

2018-02-01 20.42.10


2018-02-09 07.15.56-1


2018-02-09 16.01.21


2018-02-09 15.11.25


2018-02-09 15.06.42


2018-02-11 18.48.03-2


Photo Feb 23, 8 48 41 AM


Photo Feb 23, 8 48 21 AM




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.