Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Horror Movie Wednesday--My Bloody Valentine



For Valentine's Day my horror ladies and I watched My Bloody Valentine--the 2009 remake of the 1981 slasher movie. It seemed a fitting movie for the evening!

A small coal-mining town is ripped apart when coal miners are massacred in their mine. One teenager manages to get away...

Now 10 years later the killings are happening again. Is it Tom, the lone survivor of the original massacre, who's back in town? Or is the killer still alive? Or maybe it's....

They tried to throw some red herrings throughout, but it's pretty obvious who the killer is! But it was a fun B-movie cheesy ride. Lots of bad acting, gore, and laughs.

The Ritual (2018):

This one appeared on Netflix a week or so ago. I read the book back in 2016 for a horror challenge in October. The book was different and I really enjoyed the pacing and storytelling. So I was excited to see it had been made into a movie.

The book was a lot better. But the movie still had an amazingly creepy vibe that kept you guessing. They changed the ending quite a bit, which was disappointing, but I can see why.

The story introduces us to a group of guys from England whose lives are changed when one of their buddies dies in a robbery. They decide to go on a backpacking adventure in a Swedish forest in order to spread their friend's ashes there and say goodbye. But after an injury and a shortcut they find they are on the run for their lives. Something is stalking them...

It was genuinely creepy and I love the story but it wasn't a well-made film overall. The book is better but it's a fun movie to watch before bed.




1 comment:

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.