Friday, August 12, 2011

Persuasion by Jane Austen

image source
Genre: classics, historical, romance
FTC Disclosure: bought from Barnes & Noble
Published: 1817
Pages: 249 (via e-book)
Content: Nothing offensive.

One Line Review: Smart and witty social commentary with a yummy sailor and more annoying family members!

I hate to admit this but Pride and Prejudice is my favorite Jane Austen novel (just because everyone's favorite is P&P and I so want to be different...), but Persuasion is definitely make second favorite!

I just love the story of lost love found again. Wentworth and Anne grow more in love and more as people through their years apart. It's a great love story. This is the second reading and I loved it even more!

I read this as part of the Classics Bribe Reading Challenge by the Quirky Girls!


6 comments:

  1. I go back and forth about which one I love best. I think because P&P has had so many great films that the imagesstick with me and make me unfairly favor it. Maybe not, but I tend to think this one is better. And that love letter, oh my :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love everything that Jane Austen has written. Emma is my favourite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this may be the only Austen I've only read once. It's definitely time for a reread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Captain Wentworth! That letter... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite book. Captain Wentworth's letter makes me weak in the knees. ;) P&P was my favorite book until I read this one, but it's in second place.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one waiting for me on the Kindle. I am now intrigued by this letter everyone is speaking of. :)

    -jehara

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.