Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Iron Druid Chronicles (Hounded, Hexed, Hammered) by Kevin Hearne

Genre: Urban fantasy
FTC Disclosure: borrowed from library
Published: 2011
Pages: 289
Content: It's got blood, some language, and lovin!
Reason for reading: I saw the cover on Goodreads and knew I had to read it!

I just can't say enough how much I am loving this series. The first three were just released with three more early next year. Atticus is a 2500-year-old butt-kicking, smart, witty, and all around loveable Druid who is being hounded by all sorts of gods and their henchies for a magical sword he took a few hundred or so years ago. He has found a way to bind himself to an iron elemental which makes him really uber powerful when it comes to fighting demons, fey, demi-gods, and gods themselves. He also happens to have an agreement with his goddess the Morrigan, who has agreed to never take his soul...not that it'll stop another reaper from doing it...


Yeah, this is just one hilarious romp. Hearne knows his stuff, both historical and modern. He's up on the pop culture and has a lot to say through these wonderful characters. He combines elements of mythology, science, history, religion, everything into a fascinating world. In this world Thor is a big old meany and all the other gods hate him, Jesus likes beer and has a sense of humor. We also get to meet other lightning gods, Irish gods, Norse gods, Native American spirits and gods. Yup, it's all in here and it all meets together for one amazing and fun time. I can't recommend these books enough. Oh, and he has a wolf hound that he can talk to telepathically who thinks Genghis Khan got a bad rap...!


So yes, pick up these books and fall in love like I did!!!! Go...yes, go!


Rating: 5+ Stars!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Totally not my normal reading, but you've made it look so fun! I want to read about some butt-kicking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started Hounded, so I'm so glad to hear that you love the series so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you liked this one! i have it my reading pile calling me now ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your review! Sounds like this is a good book :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.