Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Affinity Bridge by George Mann

Genre: steam punk, zombies, Victorian England, mystery
FTC Disclosure: library
Published: 2008
Pages: 330
Content: PG-13 for violence and adult themes

I was really excited about this book. I'm a big steam punk fan and was looking forward to this new novel...what a disappointment. The characters Hobbes and Newbury were flat and not that entertaining. The plot felt very cliche and I knew the outcome before the halfway mark. Also, much of the dialogue was just mediocre, oh and did I mention cliche?

There was one fight scene with the zombies that was fun...I was really hoping they would get to eat one of the characters!

This one just didn't stand out for me and I wouldn't recommend it.
 
But I will say, if you are just looking for a really quick, mind numbing read then maybe you can enjoy it.

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.