Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Other Recent Movie Reviews

"Angels and Demons" B-: The storyline isn't quite as intriguing as the one in "The DaVinci Code," but Ron Howard was able to tone down the crazy plot contrivances from the original book. But no matter what one thinks about the crazy plot devices, the movie is fun--dumb fun--but fun nonetheless! And that's what movies are supposed to do--entertain!

"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" B-: It wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. But the visual effects were astounding. I can't even imagine how they made Brad Pitt so old and so young! It was a bit depressing and confusing, but overall it was an interesting story and makes you think about how you'd live life if you had to live it backwards.

"Bride Wars" C: Not the best comedy ever written. It was pretty cliche and the ending was fairly predictable. I'm a fan of Anne Hathaway, but I haven't seen anything that I liked with Kate Hudson. She's fairly formulaic in anything I've seen her in; she doesn't quite have the acting chops of her mother Goldie Hawn. But it's a fair movie for a couple of afternoon laughs.

"Seven Pounds" B: Wow, very intriguing storyline. If you're a driving-while-texting person this will definitely make you think again! It was really depressing, but Will Smith did an excellent job and Woody Harrelson really shined in his scenes as well. Overall, worth at least one viewing.

"Hancock" B+: Not Will Smith's best movie, but it was an interesting twist on the superhero genre. Worth at least one look for sure. The ending was a bit convoluted, though. The special effects were fun, at least!

"Marley and Me" A+: Excellent family movie! Down to earth and heart-warming as well! Both my husband and I shed a few tears along the way! I loved following the family through all their crazy changes with their sweet dog! We will definitely be adding this DVD to our library soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.