Thursday, March 24, 2022

Cat Thursday -- Stepan Is Safe

 


Welcome to the weekly meme (hosted by Michelle at True Book Addict) that celebrates the wonders and sometime hilarity of cats! Join us by posting a favorite lolcat pic you may have come across, famous cat art or even share with us pics of your own beloved cat(s). It's all for the love of cats!

Image source @giantcat9 Twitter

Image source Washington Post article

What is happening in Ukraine is devastating. But I was pleased to hear about the cat influencer Stepan. He's OK. His followers were worried when his account on Instagram and TikTok went silent for nearly two weeks. When Stepan and his staff Anna and her two sons were back online, they were safe in France.

It's actually a story on the connected world of influencers. And how many can reach out to their followers to find safe haven. Please check out the whole article.

So happy to see Stepan safe and other cats and animals being rescued during this horrific time.

9 comments:

  1. Poor thing must be terrified. I am the one who always worries about what happens to the pets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I didn't know about this influencer. That's so wonderful they were able to find refuge in France. This situation is such a nightmare, but it has been heartening to see how the Ukranians have been so stalwart in taking their animals with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. The pics that are coming out with them packing their pets with them is heart-breaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link on Stepan. I didn't know about this famous cat. But I'm so glad he is safe. So much senseless devastation. I think about the animals too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I hope he and his owner keep safe over the long haul.

      Delete
  5. I feel so bad for the people of Ukraine, and the pets (I'm a huge pet lover) who don't really understand what's happening to them :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.