Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sci-Fi Summer Readathon 2020



Here's my official sign-up! Michelle over at Seasons of Reading is hosting this from June 1-30. Read anything sci-fi related or even fantasy if you can't quite dive into sci-fi.

Books to read:


  • Abaddon's Gate by James S.A. Correy (the third in the Expanse series)
  • Dawn by Octavia Butler (first in the Lilith's Brood series)
  • The Long Way to a Small Empty Planet by Becky Chambers (first in series)
  • How Long 'Til Black Future Month? by N.K. Jemisin (a collection of short stories)
I would be thrilled to get any of these finished....

2 comments:

  1. hmm. I'm not a big sci fi /fantasy reader at all ... but I've always been curious to read Octavia Butler. Have you read anything before by her? Perhaps I'll try Dawn ... Have you always been into sci fi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to Octavia Butler. I have read her Earthseed series and Kindred. She is an amazing author. I grew up on all things Star Trek so I've always enjoyed Sci Fi and I loved Chronicles of Naria as a child as well. I kind of grew up on both so have enjoyed both genres all my life. I hope you find something you like. I know a lot of dystopia fiction can fall into sci-fi. So if you're into young adult books, there are some good choices there as well. That way you don't have to invest in a series or one that gets too long, etc. Good luck!

      Delete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.