Monday, June 17, 2019

Week(s)-in-Review: Hiking, Birthday, and Camps!

Summer (well, the summer season, anyway) is in full swing at my house. G is out of school and has done two camps already and doing basketball this week! We have started our weekly (mostly) hikes. I celebrated a birthday and got new ear piercings! I recovered from a major sinus infection which left me feeling awful. G had his first camp away from home for 3 nights! It was tougher on me than it was on him! But he had a blast and he is home safe! Also, our weather has been crazy this spring. We had hail last week!

2019-06-17 17.33.58
We hiked the mountain with friends!


2019-06-17 17.38.59
My new fun ear piercings and my yummy whiskey sour for my birthday! Also, hail! What?!


2019-06-17 17.36.54
Space camp for G and he learned how to use chopsticks too!

Father's Day was almost a success...DH decided to open a package that was his present! Oopsie. Oh well, he got it early. G helped me make him breakfast and then we headed up to my sister's house for a barbecue and games later that day. Overall it was a success!

Last Week I:


Read: Manual for Survival: A Chernobyl Guide to the Future by Kate Brown...two weeks ago but didn't actually finish a book last week due to being sick. Sad face.


Listened to: Where Am I Now? True Stories of Girlhood and Accidental Fame by Mara Wilson.

Watched:

TV:

The Leftovers on HBO. I'm on the first season and it's so good.

Movies

Over the last couple of weeks I've seen: Greta, John Wick: Chapter 2 and 3, Always Be My Maybe (I really enjoyed this one. Cheesy but cute. Just what I needed), Crazy Rich Asians (Also fun and adorable), Into the Dark: They Come Knocking (from Hulu for their Father's Day horror movie. I really enjoyed this one), and Ma (Octavia Spencer kills it; she's worth the price of entry).

Made: I'm growing mint in my little garden and made a few raspberry mojitos before I got sick. Then I didn't make much of anything til this weekend and made cupcakes and pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for Father's Day!

This Week I:

Am currently readingVoices from Chernobyl by Svetlana Alexievich, Ruff Vs. Fluff by Spencer Quin (G is kind of forcing me to read this one since he loved it so much!), Aru Shah and the Song of Death by Roshani Chokshi.

Am currently listing to: Haven't started a book yet but I'm thinking The Sixth Extinction by Elizabeth Kolbert or The Overstory by Richard Powers.

Am looking forward to: Camping next Monday! I was worried the campsite wouldn't be open but it just did so it's on!

1 comment:

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.