Monday, June 3, 2019

Week-in-Review: School's Out

May went by so fast! We had a lot of rain and thunderstorms this month. Even more than April. I don't remember the last time that happened here in dry, desert Utah. We had two reservations cancel on us due to extreme weather conditions at the camp sites over Memorial Day weekend so we had to head over to a primitive camp site at Yuba State Park. We had friends with a trailer so we survived with some of their gear and a bathroom! Whew! We got rained on the last night but our tent kept us dry.

2019-05-28 16.19.19

2019-05-28 16.23.42


It was gorgeous! We had lots of beautiful rainbows and a lake to view. It got a bit chilly at night but other than that it was a perfect camping trip. Although, our friends' truck quit on them and had to call in some neighbors to tow them and their trailer back after our trip but it all worked out.

2019-05-22 13.05.242019-05-28 17.06.52


For G's last school project they all had to read a biography of a famous person who has contributed in some way to society and do a "wax museum" presentation at the end for parents. G chose Harry Houdini and he did an excellent job! So proud. And a pic of Shadow cuz she's cute and why not?

Last Week I:


ReadMy Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey, Argos by Ralph Hardy, and American Spy by Lauren Wilkinson

Listened to: HBO's Chernobyl podcast. It discusses all the things that happened in the previous episode. So many details get added and context. I love it.

Watched:

TV:

Chernobyl on HBO--wow, so good. I'm obsessed with all things Chernobyl-related. Let's just say I have a big reading list this summer. The season finale of Killing Eve! Netflix's Quicksand. Also really good. It's a Swedish show and it shows what their criminal justice system is like. Sooooo very different from the U.S.

Movies

Over the last few weeks I've seen: Possum; John Wick; Pokemon Detective Pikachu; The Hole in the Ground; Intruders, Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile; and The Perfection.

Made: Not as much as I would've liked. I got a couple of ready-made meals from Costco that were really good this week. But between camping and having a major sinus infection, it's been pretty nil in that area. Something's had to slide....

This Week I:

Am currently reading: Manual for Survival: A Chernobyl Guide to the Future by Kate Brown, The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman, The Collected Schizophrenias by Esme Weijun Wang, Aru Shah and the Song of Death by Roshani Chokshi

Am currently listing to: The Library Book by Susan Orlean

Am looking forward to: My birthday is next week. I may get my first tattoo! Firepit this week with friends and making s'mores!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.