Monday, November 26, 2018

Nonfiction November-- New to My TBR



Nonfiction November is here (though I'm a week late...) and runs from Oct. 30-Nov. 30. Is being hosted by Doing Dewey, Julz ReadsSarah's BookshelvesSophisticated Dorkiness, and What's Nonfiction?

This is the last and final week. I've been a little under the weather this month so I haven't participated as much as I would have liked but I look forward to catching up on all the prompts and all the blog posts from everyone soon! This week's prompt is books that have made it onto my TBR pile from reading and participating in Nonfiction November (hosted by Kate @ Doing Dewey).


My first three all come from Michael at Inexhaustible Invitations with his suggestions on universal income. Give People Money by Annie Lowry, The War on Normal People by Andrew Yang, Basic Income by Phillipe Van Parus. I've heard so much about this that I'm grateful to get a few suggestions to start on.

And from Eva at The Paperback Princess she suggested a biography on Charlotte Bronte called Charlotte Bronte: A Fiery Heart by Claire Harman. I hadn't heard of this one and now need to read it!

The last one I'll is from Tina at TBR, etc. Her post included all things wine-related! I've been wanting to dive into a few wine books and this will get me started! The one that looks the most interesting was Cork Dork by Bianca Bosker, which she describes as the Kitchen Confidential memoir of the wine world! Sweet!

I'm sad I didn't participate like I had planned to but look forward to reading more nonfiction and staying in touch!

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the audio version of Cork Dork. It's narrated by the author and she does an great job. The Charlotte Bronte bio is on my wish list, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I've been wanting to dig into some wine books.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better soon.
    My post is here: https://wordsandpeace.com/2018/11/28/nonfiction-november-2018-new-on-my-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sinus infection is done and just trying to get the migraines under control.

      Delete
  3. I'm also interested in learning and reading more about basic income, and have the same title on my own wishlist.

    Sorry to hear you have been unwell - hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fascinating especially in light of technology and loss of jobs.

      Delete
  4. The Charlotte Bronte biography looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.