Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Week-in-Review and 30 in September: Days 1, 2, 3

I was out camping over the weekend so I had to limit myself to very small books for my 30 in September book challenge with Stacy! A lot of my books are small so I can feel good about my challenge and not make it too daunting.

We enjoyed a relaxing Labor Day weekend with friends by sitting around a fire most of the day and eating and drinking! Best kind of camping for me....

2018-09-02 12.25.33


2018-09-02 12.28.06


2018-09-02 17.56.19


September 1st I was around a fire a lot so before bed I ended up reading the graphic novel/comic Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur vol. 1 by Amy Reeder. It's a super cute story and I really enjoyed Moon Girl and how she deals with all the anxieties of being young and not knowing where you fit in. The dinosaur was adorable!

September 2nd I read The Three Questions by Jon J. Muth to G before bed. It's a wonderfully illustrated read based on a story by Leo Tolstoy. In fact, all of Muth's illustrated stories for children are fantastic. They are upbeat and philosophical.

2018-09-03 13.39.50


September 3 I finished off The Cutting Season by Attica Locke. The Cutting Season also fulfills one of my books in the R.I.P. XIII challenge!

So technically didn't read it all in one day but like I said before I've got to make the challenge work for me!

Watched:

The Lodgers: Interesting take on an Irish ghost story. I loved the setting and the accents. It was creepy and had a satisfying ending.

All the Boys Love Mandy Lane: Not a bad teen slasher flick that came out 12 years ago. I saw some familiar faces. The acting was so-so but the cinematography was great and the ending was weird and gross. So overall, not too bad but not one I'd rave about or watch again.

Christopher Robin: This was a very cute and light movie. I loved Eeyore! The whole family had a great time seeing these cute Pooh characters back on the screen.

Caught up on Castle Rock, The Sinner, and started The Alienist.

Looking forward to:

We have some good friends coming over for a BBQ on Saturday! It's been awhile since we've all gotten together.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.