Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Tis the Season for Reading Challenge Signups! 2018 Nonfiction Reading


I go back and forth on reading challenges. I usually like to randomly choose which book I'll end up reading at any given time and so reading challenges haven't worked for me in the past. But I'd like to spice things up this year and reconnect with other readers via the great interwebs. So I'm planning on adding a few to my list this next year. My first official challenge is being hosted by Doing Dewey. She will have mini challenges and giveaways as well as hosting 4 group nonfiction read-alongs.

I usually read a lot of nonfiction throughout the year. But this year I'd like to finish off a few I've started in the past and also diversify my reading.

I'd like to read at least two nonfiction books a month and make sure that they aren't both memoirs--biography fine, but not more that one memoir a month (well, as long as I get another nonfiction in besides a memoir then another memoir would be fine!). Except for September. I'm planning on reading a book a day or close to it with another friend so I'll be reading a lot of memoirs that month!

1 comment:

  1. Adding some new nonfiction genres sounds like a great challenge. I'm working on reading a book for each dewey decimal number and I still find myself gravitating to books in numbers I've already read. Science and social commentary are my go-tos :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.