Sunday, September 17, 2017

Week-in-Review September 17, 2017

2017-09-08 09.46.56
Nala gets snuggly when cold!
Some cool weather hit this week. Temps. have been in the mid 50s and low 60s. I've pulled out all of my warm sweatshirts. Most of my Halloween decor is out. Fall is in the air. Even my kitties have been extra snuggly, since I refuse to turn the heat on when I know in two days the AC will be back on! Even my husband put on an extra blanket last night due to the biting cold.

2017-09-16 07.44.25-2
Before the race


I also participated in the Dirty Dash. An obstacle course with lots of mud pits and getting really dirty. It was my first time doing something like this and I actually had a lot of fun despite the bitter cold in the morning. We even splurged and bought warm showers to wash off all the goo at the end of the race!

2017-09-16 16.31.37
After the race. We look so happy!

Books Finished: Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign by Jonathon Allen and Amie Parnes, Anything We Love Can Be Saved by Alice Walker, and White Crow by Marcus Sedgwick

Currently Reading: It by Stephen King (I'm hoping to finish this
up next month--it's soooo long), Certain Dark Things by Silvia Garcia-Moreno, The Troop by Nick Cutter, and Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu (reading this with my son aloud).

Listening To: I just started the new Audible edition of Dracula by Bram Stoker. I just started Larry Wilmore Black on the Air and Rough Translation. And I'd like to start Snap Judgment's Spooked this week as well.

Watching: I just finished up HBO's Insecure and Amazon's One Mississippi. I've started Game of Thrones but am still on season one....

Looking Forward To: So many things this time of year. I want to take my son hiking to see the beautiful fall color changes in the mountains. We are heading up to Oktoberfest in about an hour. And we are camping next weekend.

Making: I've been making coffee. I should be getting into the soups and ciders and cookies and breads soon....


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to more soups and cider with autumn themed reading too ;-) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my posts and for letting me know what you think!

Due to heavy spamming, I am now moderating all comments. Thanks for your understanding.